CoolPeel is a brand new way to deliver the benefits of DEKA CO2 resurfacing treatments with virtually no downtime and greater comfort.
The CoolPeel laser treatment is delivered using the DEKA Smartxide Punto laser, the latest and most advanced CO2 laser with exclusive Pulse Shape Design technology.
The SmartXide Punto is designed to deliver high peak power in extremely short pulses at low energy settings. The super-short pulse creates controlled injury to the epidermis and superficial dermis with less heat build- up in the skin, offering an optimal level of ablation with minimal thermal damage.
CoolPeel is made possible via Deka’s exclusive H-Pulse combined with the “Scatter Mode” that removes defined edges of the traditional square DOT pattern and randomises DOT location.
CoolPeel treatments are comfortable and well tolerated by patients, with most not requiring topical anaesthetic. The treatment requires no consumables and is fast to perform, with a full face taking as little as 5-10 minutes.
The CoolPeel Benefits
- Low downtime (as little as 24 hours)
Minimal discomfort (topical anaesthesia typically not required)
Unique pulse shape emission selection via PSD (Pulse Shape Design) technology allows for tailoring of results and downtime
Ability to perform a broad range of treatments, including photo damage, scarring, pigmentation and deep wrinkles
Fast treatment – full face takes 5-10 mins
User-friendly adjustment of all parameters (power, dwell time, pulse shape, density, spot size and scanning mode)
Reliability and control with minimum thermal damage and optimal recovery time
Can be used on all skin types*
Minimize sun damage and dark spots
Improve skin tone and texture
Ability to use in combination with other technologies such as microneedling to go deeper to induce more collagen. Highly recommended.
What to Expect?
- Patient should feel a warm sunburn sensation for a few hours post-treatment. This will subside.
- A moisturiser should be applied. We recommend and use the Omega 6 Healing Cream.
- Avoid sun exposure, strenuous workouts, saunas and sweating same day.
- For face treatment. Keep head elevated above the waist. Avoid bending over.
- Mineral makeup can be worn from the following day onwards. Though most patients just allow their skin to breathe.
- Skin will remain rough like sand paper for up to 2 weeks. You may have a facial after one week to help move the dead skin along. We recommend drinking 2 litres of water daily to also help cell turnover. Drinking 2 litres daily will also help give the skin a translucent glow from within.
- Wait a full 14-30 days to see results.
How Many Treatments Is Needed?
A CoolPeel treatment should be performed every 4-6 weeks apart and up to 5 treatments is required or until the desired result is achieved. Though many are satisfied after 1-2 treatment.
- Sunburnt and tanned skin - Should be avoided. Allow 4 weeks for skin to heal first before this treatment. Applying SPF 50+ before and after the treatment is a must.
- Prescribed medication - Such as anticoagulants. Please advise the practitioner of all prescribed medication.
- Roaccutane and Retinoids - These drugs and creams can cause complications in the healing process and could also result in scarring.
Topical retinoids. Please stop applying this 2 week before the treatment.
Roaccutane. Please wait 6 months after the last dose before a treatment.
- Photos-sensitizers - Medication that treats skin concerns. Best to avoid this treatment until 3 months after the last dose
- Chemical Peels and exfoliation - Please allow 2-4 weeks apart before having the CoolPeel treatment.
- Surgical Facelift - Please allow the skin to completely heal and the swelling is gone.
- Past skin disorders - Please come in for a consultation for further discussion.
- Active Herpes & Cold sores - Best to allow it to heal then come for a treatment. Please let us know that you are vulnerable to cold sores so that we can write an antiviral prescription out for you so that the medication can be taken before and after the treatment to avoid an outbreak.